All hirers MUST have Public Liability insurance, and at the time of booking provide the Hall Manager with a Certificate of Currency per event, if a government sector, business or service provider, profit or not for profit organisation or group. If you are a regular hirer you must provide your Certificate of Currency annually or when renewing your booking.

There is one exception for personal private events, eg family and friends gathering for a wedding, party or non-affiliated function.

In these instances Maroochy Sailing Club provides Ad-hoc Hirers Public & Products Liability

The intention of this policy is to cover individuals who are uninsured hirers. Indemnity is only provided to the hirer of the facility.  Indemnity is not provided to any other participants/performers/contractors that may be involved in the hire activity (e.g. A band engaged for a wedding reception or a business providing catering or event equipment).  Hirers should ensure these other parties have their own public liability insurance as you would not be covered/protected for any issue arising from their neglect.

Here's a link to understand more about PL Insurance and your responsibilities

If you don't fit the categories above, please purchase your own PL insurance and we suggest:

Local Community Insurance Services  ( )   provide an online application and purchase for Public Liability insurance  for individuals

  • Select their tab: Apply For A Quote.

  • Fill in your personal name (or organisation if applicable)

  • Select: Festival and Fair Public and Products Liability.

  • You can make the relevant selection (Event-Wedding for example and cover your set up and pack down days as well) complete details and then proceed to payment which is approx $220.