Sailing on the Maroochy -- early 1960's
1959 – 2017
Our Historical Records were originally compiled in 2009 as part of the Club Jubilee Celebrations. They came from original Club documents such as –
- Presentation and Award Night documents.
- Newspaper Reports –“ Maroochy Advertiser”
- Club Sailing Records and Score Sheets kept by Recorders
- Engravings on Perpetual Trophies
- Computer Records kept by Recorders
Documentation found varied from Season to Season, and few records were found for some seasons.
As further historical research takes place, it is hoped to add to those records that are incomplete
- Since the 50th Jubilee, records from each sailing year have been added to the collection to maintain as a complete record as possible.
- Lists of Boats registered at Maroochy were obtained from various sources.
- Some were Group Insurance lists, where the owner was listed as as an adult, rather than the younger skipper.
- Some boats passed through a series of owners.
- A few boats carried identical names. Where this was the case, sail numbers are used to distinguish between them.
Whilst we have taken every care in compiling the lists, mistakes will occur in copying old handwritten documents which themselves contain inaccuracies.
Please advise us of any errors so that they can be corrected
Peter Brodie and Paul Dinniss
Maroochy Sailing Club - Positions and Officials , 1959 - 2017 - compiled from Club Records where available!